Tuscan Foundry Products, along with it’s sister
company E.Richards (established in 1893) has a long history of
manufacturing and supplying cast iron and steel products.
In 1893 at the age of 13 Edward Richards left school to join his father
in his small blacksmiths business in Bristol, working for other Bristol
companies as well as the general public. Manufacturing with steel and
iron for bespoke orders of wrought iron gates, and other ornamental
items for the building trade, their activities prospered and they moved
to larger premises in the central Temple district of Bristol.
By the time of the 1914 -1918 War the partnership
was well placed to become contractors to HM Government supplying horse
shoes, nails and a range of other items including hinges and brackets
for the gun carriages and other horse drawn vehicular items required at
During the 21 years of peace between the wars the
business expanded becoming a specialist manufacturer of builder’s
ironwork. Taking out many patents for the gutter brackets and pipe
clips they made. When hostilities commenced again in 1939 the company
reverted to their role as suppliers to the War Department, providing
components for tanks, bailey bridges, ladders etc. Limited supplies of
ironmongery had to be kept for the shadow factories and airfields that
were created on open hilltops in an endeavour to act as decoy cities to
confuse the enemy bombing raids.
In 1945 the company expanded rapidly into
structural steelwork as well as in the original business for iron and
steelwork in the building industry, having a registered design for flue
pipes with twin legs, a very new concept. By the eighties however the
building industry peaked and the company decided to move to more modern
premises where they concentrated on the business in which they had
specialised in for over a hundred years; traditional cast iron and
steel building products.
|Our extensive range of products now include:
|Cast iron gutter and pipe systems
Cast iron radiators
LCC soil pipe
And many more products.